Have You Been Arrested on a Rhode Island Criminal Manufacturing and Cultivation Charge?
You could be facing life in prison. Your case however, can change course with the help of a skilled lawyer by your side.
If you’ve been arrested for manufacturing and cultivation, contact the Island law offices as soon as possible.
Definition of Manufacturing and Cultivation:
Rhode Island Code Chapter 21-28 defines Manufacturing and Cultivation as growing or cultivating marijuana, or some other type of drug – such as Ecstacy, heroin and cocaine.
Some of the tactics used by law enforcement to discover manufacturing and cultivation operations include:
- Air searches over a suspect’s home
- Motivating neighbors to report suspicious activities
- Police entrapment or sting operations
- Reporting the presence of paraphernalia
Our lawyers will examine the case in confidence to find the best defense:
- A search and seizure warrant may be reversed
- Maybe it’s a case of simple possession, which carries lower fines
- Perhaps it’s a case of misidentification, or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time
We can find the details. John R. Grasso now offers initial consultations at no cost.
What Are the Consequences of Rhode Island Manufacturing and Cultivation Charges?
Manufacturing and Cultivation (less than 1 kilogram) is punishable by:
- Up to $100,000 in fines and/or
- Up to 30 years in prison
Manufacturing and Cultivation (1-5 kilograms) is punishable by:
- Up to $500,000 in fines and/or
- 10-50 years in prison
Manufacturing and Cultivation (more than 5 kilograms) is punishable by:
- Up to $10,000 in fines and/or
- 20 years to life in prison
As seen above, penalties are dependent on quantities found.
However, the court will also examine the defendant’s criminal history, or aggravating circumstances, such as manufacturing or selling close to a school or minor.
In the instance of cultivating near to a school (usually 300 yards), the penalties may be doubled.
At the discretion of the court, defendants may be ordered to participate in community service, and/or drug counseling programs.
Contact an Aggressive Manufacturing and Cultivation Defense Attorney in Rhode Island
For a serious offense, you need an equally stern defense. Your lawyer can challenge the search and seizure warrant, and also put together several legal defenses that could lower your fines, or prove your innocence.
Ask about our free consultations. Contact the Rhode Island Law Offices of John R. Grasso now.