FREE Case Evaluation

Call Us Now: (401)272-4001

Connect With Us: Avvo Lawyer Attorney RI Lawyer Facebook RI Attorney Google+ RI Attorney Twitter RI Lawyer Yelp Rhode Island DUI Lawyer LinkedIn Providence RI DUI Attorney and Criminal Lawyer SmartGuy

Our clients hire us to win. Period.

Recent Case Results

RESULT: Criminal Complaint for OUI Drugs & OUI Alcohol – No Charges. "Client with commercial drivers license taken to hospital afte   read more

RESULT: Open Container – Case Dismissed. "Client charged with vandalism.  Dismissed at trial." Result: Case Dismissed at Trial   read more

RESULT: Open Container – Case Dismissed. "Open container case dismissed.  College student arrested, charged with violating the open con   read more

RESULT: Refusing to Submit to Blood Test – Not Guilty. "Client not guilty of refusing to submit to a blood test after trial.  Client ch   read more

RESULT: Driving Under the Influence of Drugs – Charge Reduced. Client charged with driving under the influence of drugs based on opinion   read more

Modification of Existing Court Orders Defense Attorney Rhode Island

Definition of Modification of Existing Court Orders:

Rhode Island Code Chapter 15-5-16.2 acknowledges and outlines the clauses for modifying an existing court order.

It essentially includes the protocols of divorce proceedings, and how this applies to supporting a child/children until his/her/their eighteenth birthday, or upon 90 days of graduation.

The court uses a formula to calculate such payment arrangements. Failure to comply with these orders could lead to fines, or jail time in some cases.

There are additionally other types of court orders besides child support. They are each flexible enough to be modified with the help of a lawyer. These include the visitation rights or spousal support.

Your attorney can provide legal representation to appeal the court’s decision. If there has been a change in living arrangements for example, the case may need to be revisited.

In another case in point, a child support payment may need to be tailored if the supporter has increased or decreased income.  In the event that one party fails to report his/her income, this can additionally be investigated with the help of a legal representative.

The legal representation isn’t one-sided either, as one or both parents may seek to modify a court order.

These examples are limited however, since there are other circumstances that may result in the need for modification of a court order.

John R. Grasso has worked with several families to help resolve custodial and court orders, through the court system. With the help of a lawyer by your side, you’re most likely to benefit from a more favorable outcome for your case.

Let’s talk. Contact John R. Grasso now.

Added Notes:

It’s important to note that if a court order has been violated, this can lead to serious repercussions including jail time and monetary fines. Before overstepping your boundaries be sure to contact a lawyer who may be able to help.

In addition, parties who have violated a no-contact order, or were falsely accused of doing so, can be defended with the help of our law firm.

Contact an Aggressive Modification of Existing Court Orders Defense Attorney in Rhode Island

Get back your life, freedom, or the most important asset—your children—with the help of John R. Grasso by your side.

Ask about our free consultations. Contact the Rhode Island Law Offices of John R. Grasso now.
Call Us or email us!

Testimonials - See What Past Clients Are Saying about Rhode Island Defense Attorney John R. Grasso

Free Consultation!
WPRI Target Investigators Lawyer Rhode Island

Free Case Review

  • Criminal Defense Attorney Rhode Island

  • Rhode Island Criminal Defense Attorney

  • Free Case Review

Communities We Serve

  • Bristol
  • Burrillville
  • Central Falls
  • Charlestown
  • Coventry
  • Cranston
  • Cumberland
  • Cumberland Hill
  • East Greenwich
  • East Providence
  • Exeter
  • Glocester
  • Greenville
  • Hopkinton
  • Johnston
  • Lincoln
  • Middletown
  • Narragansett
  • Newport
  • Newport East
  • North Kingstown
  • North Providence
  • North Smithfield
  • Pawtucket
  • Portsmouth
  • Providence
  • Richmond
  • Scituate
  • Smithfield
  • South Kingstown
  • Tiverton
  • Valley Falls
  • Wakefield-Peacedale
  • Warren
  • Warwick
  • West Warwick
  • Westerly
  • Woonsocket

If you are looking for an Attorney who will do absolutely anything to ensure that you succeed....look no further.George Lucas

“"You helped me stay focused on getting to the end, rather than fighting to the end."” —Jim B.Jim B.

“Words cannot express how appreciative and grateful we are for making us believe in our case and making us feel as though we were your only client.” —EvelynEvelyn

Law Office of John R. Grasso

1 Custom House St.
3rd Floor
Providence, RI 02903

Phone | (401) 272-4001
Fax | (888) 525-2096

Main Site

Top practice areas